A Seat of My Pants Production
Posts tagged Surf Club
If you happen to be in New Orleans Thursday night December 15, head over the the Mid-City Lanes Rock & Bowl where Chubby Carrier will be doing a tribute to his father the late Zydeco Legend Roy Carrier. Chubby did such a show at the beginning of September and totally blew the roof off the Surf Club here in DC. Tell your friends if they want to pass an incredibly great dancing time – Go to this show!
Due in from the printers is the next very limited edition (only 100 copies) of KEEPING ROY’S DREAM ALIVE II. There will be a few copies that I will advance sale when they arrive before I send the balance down to Louisiana to be sold at Dikki Du’s New Years Day Fundraiser for the Offshore Lounge. The collection is 17 songs big and contains some cuts that were not on any of Roy’s regular CDs and a couple that have never before been issued.
The price is $20
Keeping Roy’s Dream Alive II
1. Allons Dancer (3:01) from Whiskey Drinkin’ Man
2. Do the LaLa Dance (5:05) From Living Legend
3. Backbone Zydeco (5:31) from Choose Your Shoes
4. I Hate To See You Go (5:35) UNRELEASED
5. The Zydeco Beat (3:10) from Twist & Shout
6. My Little Woman (3:03) from Twist & Shout
7. Rock-It Like Roy (4:41) from Whiskey Drinkin’ Man
8. Put a Hump In Your Back (4:20) Living Legend
9. Show You How To Love (4:30) from Twist & Shout
10. Everybody Call Me Shoon (5:49) from Living Legend
11. Gotta Find That Woman (3:34) UNRELEASED
12. Who Got Her (2:48) from Offshore Blues
13. New York City (4:51) from Choose Your Shoes
14. Gonna Do It Anyway (5:41) from Buffalo Jambalaya 2004
15. I Don’t Know (5:05) from Nasty Girls
16. Some Real Zydeco (2:15) from Twist & Shout
17. Good Night (4:01) from Twist & Shout
Living Legend from Severn Records CD0031
Nasty Girls ROR002, Twist & Shout ROR004, Offshore Blues ROR008, Whiskey Drinkin’ Man ROR009,
The Nighthawks play tonight at the best area roadhouse possible as they return to Surf Club Live more than two years after their last appearance there.
That the Surf Club is trying once again to give a stage to area musicians, is an encouraging event. Owner Jim Byrum has committed to giving Thursday nights over to live music a serious try and it is up to us to see it works. We mourned when the SC stopped hosting live performance and we now have a second chance.
Phone (301) 927-6310